Saturday, May 24, 2008

Long Blondes, and Star

Last week at the Abbey Pub I finally saw Puerto Muerto. They played only two songs but for me it was worth it, because I finally saw them live. It's just the most perfect music to a Faulkner novel. They are gothic-punk-country music, that should be, deserves to be celebrated locally, but England and Europe seem to love them more. They are dark without even trying. I saw them in the company of other like-minded bands like the Sadies. It was a benefit concert to help end the Death Penalty, PM performed as well as all the bands were from the Bloodshot label. The Long Blondes will play today Saturday, and Star on Sunday, and I'm glad this weekend is finally upon me. I shall not be late for them this time. I shall write on them again.
Kaspar-Zig

1 comment:

Enchanter64 said...

Hi Ziggy.. Cool Blog..

Stever