Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Moritat at Reggies

I took no new pictures for this. I caught most of it, but I put my camera down. Instead I decided to pick from those archived for this post. But I saw them last Friday 10 January. It was important because this was a battle of the bands to decide which will go to SXSW. I don't know if they played it, but I like me some Noise. I know they've played it before. Its from Clil Blanzin'. In that track I look forward to this middle part when they kind of jam session, they reach this stage where they can depart and go into a fog, hover there.....and then the landing back to finish off the piece. Its a thing they do in other songs and thats part of why I listen. I'll say ahead of time they got second place ....the fucking ginsu knives......which was bad. I was in bewilderment, a total fucking mystery! They were the weirdest thing on that stage, avant rock describes them just right and exactly what we need to represent the city. ...Fuck it. I had a good time. I went with them back stage to the green room, and saw them get interviewed. Julie was there. I sat next to Kon, the bass player. Watched this interview take place. I would totally fuck this up like Chris Farley if this were me. Witnessing an interview is perhaps best.
As they went on about the beginning of the band, their story reminded me of Puerto Muerto and their origin. Hmm, stray thought. It was great to feel at ease and just chill with the band Moritat and for them to feel at ease around me. On top of that you get to hear a quick refresher course about them. I got to hear about why and how and also fascinating the roads not taken. I mean this is Tony fucking Wilson awesome! Kon is totally fluent in spanish. So we talk. Its a great moment to see them in, on the verge yet it feels like they've existed two years before you discovered them. They've been playing regularly since 2009. I believe Moritat will perform again and I'll be there for that as well. I just can't recall the exact dates right now.











No comments: