Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spaces Of Disappearance

   Spaces Of Disappearance here have this song about Dick Cheney. Its on Passionate Electronics. Dick Cheney in the Light. Its the best.  Then.....  Valmont...Angst. They all hit you like that. I've been hearing them on my ipod. I saw them play it at Hideout. Was dancing to it. This intimate Hideout show with Axons opening. The Hideout stage is already so fucking small, easy work for a memory gone German Expressionist. I went for a jog with it. When you can stick more into the ipod, is the best, and I suppose that is when I noticed what a crazy hidden treasure we got. I needed the download code to stick to my ipod. Dick Cheney himself I think gave them a shout out over the internet.....and creeped everyone out.  Elaine said this on stage in between songs.
  I feel like such a moron for not recognizing Spaces Of Disappearance for being so awesome.  That aside. The rest on Passionate start leaving their mark....leave me with this look of disbelief. They live in Chicago! I fecking know them! I see her at these other shows. I've missed a whole bunch of her shows.
  Valmont de Merteuil kicks ass. Frontwoman broods and lights the noir trip hop spark Angst continues and harnesses. If you can recall how it felt dancing to Bel Canto, then Sister Soleil, and then Portishead for that second time at Neo. Something that instantly feels like its that classic subcultural dance floor after glow. And now I'm recalling that I've seen them twice and pow! It is hitting me. At their Hideout show I was dancing, .....not like a moron at a Wedding calling attention, but.....I was dancing. I listen to Passionate first to last, straight and wondered when was the last time I binged on Bel Canto like that. I don't.  I skip around because I don't like everything. Each one on Passionate is like the single that attempts to best define the band if you will...only its all of them.  Meaning they are all great songs that demonstrate how great songwriters Spaces are. Each track reveals a new depth. Its like they have in their blood, reflexes, muscle fibers, a deep and fundamental understanding of what induces dancing, movement, like without pandering. The really real first time seeing them was at Multikulti, with Sexy Fights. Missing Spaces would have left me an incomplete show.
  I saw three bands that night, Spaces is one of the three that's local. I see Elaine in so many shows that I attended. The whole time she was being awesome and it took me some time to know it. Then I have to figure out how to say it. I can't just say awesome every three, four fucking words.  I got songs that are sinking in, hitting me from Passionate. Damn it! I figured this shit out so fecking late it's embarrassing. As a fan, it was great to already have met Elaine.....and Adele. All three bands that I saw were impacting. That is such a rare occurrence. I'm trying to write separate entries about them. Axons was first, then Spaces and then The Old Adage.  I was into Spaces,  yes......now, I am way the fuck into them.
Zig




No comments: