Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Fauvely...again!

  Missing Tom Spacy the night before in that classic fashion of mine compelled me to not fuck around with Fauvely at Empty Bottle on a Free Monday.  Fauvely ever evolving is less bedroom intimate and getting more assertive. This sad girl got balls the size of grapefruit. And so she wears them sunglasses at DZ Fest when she plays High Hopes.  I love that video. High Hopes is one of them songs I look forward to hear live. It....it's named High Hopes, and that is kind of what I see her first EP as having, this quixotic and critical view of the self.  And the words and....the voice and music that contains it I find brilliant because I think it sounds like....there was this innocent joy that came with listening to fucking Lennon as a kid. Watching the fucking wheel right there. And you get that joy from hearing deep shit like that early. And so I like....thoughtful and thought provoking shit. For me that is what this is from its earliest. ....Awh fucking hell. Oh shit did she just run....I didn't mean to scare you off with this girl. Its all cool girl like Samuel L Jackson.  What the fucking hell was I going on about....Oh, High Hopes. And now this new song still retaining that original sweetness and now also more assertive, and I fucking love that.  And what I say about one new track I believe about all her new songs.  Savannah, that one gets me too. I am in awe of what lives around Chicago. I believe this one is about her home town. And I saw that on this Free Monday with Fauvely and yes I am aware that just wrote about them not too long ago. That was then....this is a completely different moment. Now, I am starting to be more familiar with the new songs. I can see them on You Tube. Watch Me Overcomplicate This has an official video...besides the performances. I gotta note that this Free Monday was special because before going to Empty Bottle, I went to see Casual Hex at Schubas and that was a free night as well. It worked out, for me seeing two shows, and let me tell here how small the world is between these two shows. Alice from Casual Hex was also briefly in Fauvely as well as her own solo project Dorsia.  Alright....perhaps that is just interesting to me.
 That Monday night, I got to know some friends from Solemn Meant Walks, talked about Katie Jane Garside. The number of people I can talk about Saint Katie Jane just increased by one.  Oh and I just remembered that Fauvely will play Schubas again with Impulsive Hearts and Wyys tomorrow 6 June!
Zig




No comments: