Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Attrition






Last year Attrition performed twice in Chicago. This is from one of those performances. I'll upload video later. Attrition is legendary. They've been around for years, since the early eighties I believe. They first came to my attention in the late 90's when I first started going to Neo and Nocturna. "This Girl Called Harmony" is a goth club classic. They have other songs like "Amsterdam Eva". The girl singing I believe her name is Laurie. She also has her own band called High Blue Star. Laurie is not the first female singer for Attrition, but I like her the best. There are performers that engage the audience to some degree and then there are those that create a fourth wall like an actor in a play, and inhabit this character and let them loose. Laurie has a killer stage presence regardless of who she performs for. In Attrition her movements are distinct from High Blue Star. In July '07 both bands played and I was there, and glad to be so. I'm just so at a loss for witty commentary. I was just so awe struck by this girl's performance.

No comments: