Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Dials, last week of January






The Dials were the headliners on this one free Monday night at the Empty Bottle, some time last July.  That same night I saw Alex and the Drummer, and the Walking Bicycles.  I walked out of that night a fan of all of them.   They are to me the soundtrack for the year 2008.   These pictures are from when they played The Abbey Pub.  I don't have as many pictures of the Beat Kitchen concert.  And that's because I was too busy dancing to it.  Taking the pictures takes from the impulse to dance and this time the dancing took priority.  How do I sell this band to someone....let me try.  If today you are a fan of The Long Blondes, then there is a good chance that you will like these locals the Dials.  Blondie fans should give Dials a chance.  The Bangles and Go Go's paved the road for my eventual appreciation as well.  I throw all these names out as a type of short hand.  The Dials latest CD is called Amoeba Amore it's their third.  I have all three.  There is something I like in each of them.  They have this signature sound, intangible but recognizable, and certainly not formulaic.  I saw them last week at Beat Kitchen.  I will rant more when I get around this damn writers block.  
Zig

No comments: