Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ms Pezz on a Monday night!




  Monday 2 March, I saw Ms Pezz at Uncommon Ground on Devon Ave.  I barely caught her but hey I made it in time to capture some images and video.  I wrote about her already and I can't praise her music enough.  The CD "Because I Have No Control" is the best.  The songs are intimate, minimal, and resonant.  Just because they are quiet, intimate does not mean they won't hit you.  In her up coming CD she will play the accordion as well as piano.   I really am anticipating it's release.  Ms Margaret writes the words but you feel them like they came out of you.  "Meet Me Anywhere", hit me especially 'cause I have traveled.   This song is full of casual history references of famous explorers.   I was a fan when I saw her in Reggies and I will be a fan when the new CD comes out.  It's quite the odd and cool thing to see these kind of performances on a Monday night.   It's the coolest thing when a weekday takes the spotlight away from the weekend.  I get a real stick-it-to-the-man feel.  It was nice to see this and to talk to Ms Pezzetino afterwards.  These are the artists that are so cool, it's hard to believe they live in the Midwest.  Ms Margaret is from Wisconsin.  I felt so good about going to this gig that I went to Weeds on Dayton near Halsted for Open Mic Poetry.  I'll be seeing Ms Pezz again when she releases her next CD.
Zig

No comments: