Monday, January 24, 2011

Natalie Grace...again!


This one here is when Nat played Pancho's. It was my first time I saw her play guitar. She did not play guitar the first time I saw her with the full band at Reggies. Indeed she knows well how to play it. I did not see that coming. Her signature instrument was the keyboard...at least to me.
I have so many pictures of this girl, Natalie Grace Alford. These are from the very first performance I saw. Right after I asked if she had a CD, and she did! It was a demo CD. I don't think she just has them handy like that. So I feel grateful and fortunate. Also, I feel in a better position to write about her. Natalie's music has changed so much since these pictures.

Natalie Grace is playing Lincoln Hall this Wednesday 26th January! She is the opening act. This girl deserves all kinds of attention. She is opening for Nellie McKay. I'm less familiar with Ms Nellie. I saw a youtube video of her performing for Letterman. I was like wow! I'm excited for Natalie that she is opening for her. It's more exciting for me that Natalie is indeed performing and evolving each time. Lincoln Hall is huge. To open for Nellie McKay means exposure to all that like Ms Nellie. I think it's really a matter of exposure to the right set of fans for a performer to take off. Natalie can play for Letterman too.
Zig

No comments: