Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bands I saw



Normally I wait so long to write my experience with each band, how they sounded live and how they sound on CD/ipod. It urges me to write about the bands because its my way of acknowledging their existence. A lot of the human experience is captured in music. It's the amber that captures our timely reaction to the contemporary, and local. What we were about then and what we can still be is captured in the music we listen to and identify with. All music starts local, it is about the world within your horizon. Sometimes it resonates across to others. Takes a life of its own while putting your local culture on the map. We identify with what we listen to. If you are a fan and not a musician it's about finding what resonates......anyway so these following bands I saw deserve a huge write up, a proper document of seeing them, and pondering on them later. With the speed in which I write, that is a fucking bottle neck that takes for ever and takes away some of the edge of writing with that urgency. Anyway here are some of the bands that I saw and deserve more attention than you know just me. The girl at the top with the guitar is Mckenzie Toma. She headlined Beat Kitchen Thursday 28th April and the show included Girls Of The New South. The audience was small, less than 20. I was fascinated with Ms Toma, just her and her guitar. Next is Lindsey who goes by her band name Fielded . Her contemporaries include Ryat Phantogram and Telepathe because of her own organic weaving of beats, keyboard and vocal effects. She just headlined a show at The Hideout Friday 29th April. The audience for Fielded was large and attentive. I will write more on these, and post more pictures.

No comments: