Monday, February 20, 2012

Unicycle Loves You









I'm so late for this train, but better now than never. In deliberately seeking out and listening to the female voice, I sometimes overlook male singers. You see, I built this calcified filter that tunes out the male voice....with notable exceptions. And so noteworthy to me are the ones that get past it, this filter. Before ever seeing them live, I remember a video for Unicycle Loves You where I believe Nicole the bassist sings. I loved her voice, but what endeared me to this band was that she wore a Walking Bicycles shirt in the video. It's a nice curiosity when they wear a band shirt that you have or like a lot.....but I know these guys....and I didn't know they made shirts. The point being that the bands are small enough for this notice to be of some significance, a little more than wearing a Bauhaus shirt at a Siouxsie show. There was always something impacting about ULY that at first has nothing to with the music, and if it were not for these things I would have missed out. A moment stolen from someone cooler. It's great to see them share the Empty Bottle stage with Lightfoils. They performed from their new CD "Failures". Before I forget they were also featured on NPR. These guys can sell me on almost everything. It's often there where I find out about bands. It's the second time they take the train behind me. So I hear the interview and I'm totally sold before buying it. And I will buy it. For now I'm glad for all who steered me in their direction. I took a lot of pictures....mostly of Nicole. What? Anyway, while I chew on the music and search for the most recent pictures here are some from the first time.

No comments: