Saturday, October 25, 2014

CaveofswordS

  When you are broke that's when things you like reveal themselves and that last twenty dollar bill you were responsibly clinging to....well just like that, there it goes. I was not expecting to spend much this past Friday when Panda Riot shared the Cole's stage with CaveofswordS. I think I only caught the last two or three songs and that's it. They left an impression that compelled me to pursue. Kill It With Fire commands attention like a movie trailer, something thats gonna tell you a story. I swear if only they did not fucking make Machete such a fucking parody of himself. Glowing reminds me of the best moments of hearing Love Spirals Downwards, and that is just one end of a wide spectrum. The Valley gives me these light Spanish guitar/Pulp Fiction vibes. I could not be responsible and just saved my money. It would mean letting this pass through with not a means of capturing the experience. So I bought the CD Silverwalks.  Its these irresponsible acts of spending that lead me to some of the bands I like. The images I capture are few and crude. Its to paint the image with listening to Orson. There was a good crowd for them, barely porous enough for me to get to the front. Cole's is long with the stage all the way in the back, there was actually a lot more people where the bar and tables are, a long and separate room which feels narrow when you are walking past people standing or sitting with their drinks. CaveofswordS are from St. Louis, Missouri. I still don't know which songs caught my ear. The last song really got me and I was wondering how far the nearest Chase ATM was. So this here is my document of the first impression of this band. The beginning of a longer continuum. A new thread created.
Zig

No comments: