Monday, October 13, 2014

Lightfoils at Double Door.

  I was half bummed because I missed Girl In A Coma at Market Days the same Saturday night. However the other band I intended to see I did catch. Lightfoils is a band that shares Cory on bass with Panda Riot. I don't really have it so bad at all. I was well on time. Right now this feels so long ago. Nationally so much has happened since, ....I mean so much tragedy. Multiple shadows cast over the little stories. Big things happen while I pout and whine about missing GIAC while entering Double Door to see Lightfoils. They have a full LP they will tour for. I have not bought it yet....you reach a point where you're just pre-sold. Whatever it is yeah. I take the long road in listening to them.  What do I recall at this point at the concert? There was this one girl that insisted on a shout-out to her girl's birthday. The singer obliged with a micro-expression of annoyance. I recall hanging with the band afterwards in the green room....or one of them anyway. It was my first time there and I think my eyes betrayed that. The rest of me held it in and was chill listening to what they do on their iphones. They got speakers and chargers. And that is one set of images, another is outside Double Door. They are playing again at Coles, this Thursday. I look forward to that and to listening to their new work. Lightfoils in my own bubble plays in my head all the time, re enforced by local DJs that are also friends.  Its like a wall of cool falling over you. There are a set of brain cells going mad like an irritating MTV interviewer. That scenario is kept locked and away from conscience. But here in there I must stare at the sun, and see that here is a band that I listen to regularly, they are friends and I'm in the fucking green room with them....and now my retinas are burning out. Going over songs again after a casual conversation about it





in a new breath of life. But you know none of it has to happen and all  at once. I am fortunate and grateful. Now its October and its after a tour I believe. I'm glad this is what goes out and represents Chicago.
Zig

No comments: