Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Lightfoils





  That Resistor show was some event to be framed and remembered special. One boundary of that frame is made from the music heard along the way as if chosen for me, not by me, to listen to along the way. I was glad to see Lightfoils have a part in making Resistor the something else that it really was. Hmmm, oh yeah Lightfoils. They got new work coming  I think. Meanwhile, we still got Hierarchy and the Lightfoils Remix LP     Mock Sun has that nostalgic sweetness for me. Not retro in any way. Its not to place it in a period. It just has the sweetness that comes presently and suddenly when remembering a period. Not necessarily but not excluding a fond childhood, but something back in the day or two weeks ago. Its from Hierarchy.  That whole fucking CD is great. It was released in 2014 on Saint Marie Records. I can go on about every fucking song here, but perhaps the point is made. Hmm, perhaps I reveal less about the song itself and more about.....oh look over there. Merch table! Its music that you ponder on as you listen and dance to Mock Sun is.




And this specific performance.....My friends from Walking Bicycles were there at least for Lightfoils as I recall. They left after they finished. I walked with them stretching this rare moment a little more. Then it was back to Resistor. And so this moment talking with Joselyn and Julius will for me be the default visual whenever Lightfoils randomly plays in my presence. And here is also the piling on of memory on top of fading dark German expressionist memory. I'm a believer in one moment containing many connected stories.
 I wish not to sound obsessive over one fucking night, but it was eventful, there was an after party at the Pandas. It was fucking fabulous. And pondering on Lightfoils helps to keep that memory vivid and framed. Woven with the old roots of memories are the friends that are in the band. I can't believe I can call them friends. Like...wow. And away from the live shows, I do listen to their music actively.
  Its nice to have a night out for it with Shimmer on Slippery Slope and so a space where this song can play and in a dance floor. Its just a casual type of environment, and I go there to dance and to chill under a relentless stream of shoegaze. So I'm really fascinated at how at some level the web is tightly woven, this net is. I know the guys from this band.  So which other songs? Hmm, How It IsIn To Deep  are the ones that hooked me first in....damn 2011? Wow, fuck....that is a stretch of time. And meanwhile I see them all the time. Its normal even to see the guys from Lightfoils. Its normal to see them at shows. I'm kind of looking over at what I said about Mock Sun....and I get the same feel, different sound and hitting the same spots. I get a wash of nostalgic euphoria, and its not sounding retro, its a romantic nostalgic frame you can put any moment in to remember fondly. The pictures I post are going to be of various shows. The one show I know I will be going to is 14 June at Reggies.
Zig

No comments: