Thursday, April 26, 2018

Impulsive Hearts/Fauvely

 
 

  This happens a lot and I am cool with it. Let me explain it.  I go to a concert for Spaces of Disappearance, Axons, or Impulsive Hearts...meaning Elaine, Adele or Danielle. If one person shows up, so will all three most of the time. If one is on stage, they will all be there in the audience. These are the names I think about when I think Frontwoman Fest. They bring with them a network that includes their husbands and friends. Sometimes their network meets with other groups of friends, and I think that is fucking great when that happens. Rani once had an event at Resistor for Adele. And that was a meeting of a lot of different networks of people. If I am name dropping its because these people are important. They create and sustain local culture and music, even beyond what they created by themselves, they support other artists. And I'm so glad they are around, and they let me be around....that fucking blows me away.  So for the last Frontwoman Fest they kicked it off by playing first at around 3pm. They were all going to cover each others music. This moment was unique. I arrived too late for it.  Yah, boo fucking hoo....I know. 
  There is always another chance, and it happened at Emporium when Impulsive Hearts, Danielle's band and Fauvely....Sophie's band. They are friends too. That has nothin' to do with...nothin'.  Yeah....I know I just wrote on Fauvely...so? That was with Stella Donnelly....a completely separate moment. Somehow I feel it is different when you play in support for an artist that is touring the country. This one at Emporium was with friends...mostly right. Or at least this is the moment I focus on. Both bands are playing new songs and seeing them live is for now the only way to hear them.  I gotta say, I like Impulsive Hearts live. She brings that summer-on-the-beach feeling with her. We were in need of that feeling that night. It was fucking snowing outside. The kind of heavy wet snow. It only seemed to accumulate on car tops and windshields. You still could not be careless when driving home. Its just enough to say "fucking really?!" There is a fluidity that comes with the live gigs. DMW is the best. I hear it live and it makes me glad to have the pink vinyl LP Sorry In The Summer. Yeah, the vinyl is pink and the sleeve has an old picture of a couple walking in the beach. It just feels like you found this treasure in a record shop sitting and waiting for you. Its not the only song of hers that has me dancing happy like the fucking Peanuts. I don't think I was making this big spectacle of myself doing that. I should also mention at this point the six track EP for Fauvely, Watch Me Over complicate This. It comes with a tape and a download code. The songs are this sweet self-critical interior view of one's feelings and thoughts, a walking inspection of the interior castle. 
 
  Sometimes Fauvely brings the violin. This time it was Impulsive Hearts who brought the violinist. No....not the same one. Danielle actually played in Fauvely for the Stella Donnelly show. Its an uphill climb keeping a band intact, and still I recognize the tracks that I like. And that in part is what keeps me going to their shows, the intangible combination of what stays and what changes. Both bands have new work they are performing and I am into it. Fauvely is sounding bolder, more assertive. Some of these new songs are in YouTube.
  Impulsive Hearts played last and Adele and Elaine wanted to go on stage and sing support for Danielle for this last song. I think they wanted to surprise her and bum rush the stage. Danielle beat them to it and called them up to the stage and sing this track. I feel good that I was there to witness this moment. This is what I missed at Frontwoman. All three seemed so enthused. Elaine especially looked so giddy.  Its a nice regular thing that happens...not them bum rushing a stage when one is up there. Yeah that is part of it, this time. Its the support they show for each other, by being there when one of them performs. And it's a nice thing to witness.
Zig




No comments: