Monday, December 27, 2010

Laura Meyer pics




So Far these are just pictures of the post I have coming. Laura Meyer at Uncommon Ground Friday 3 December. The CD "Been Here Before" crystalizes moments you will feel are all your own. She played Uncommon Ground but she has the subcultural coolness of PJ Harvey at Metro next door. She deserves far more attention than she gets. That is said a lot, yes. But I saw it happen with Laura fucking Meyer. But I saw her. So I guess I came in already half-sold on her. I tuned out the indifference of that crowd, used it even. More personal becomes the moment when the performer remembers you for not ignoring her. And so you try to be gracious and not make an ass out of yourself, later. You can be remembered nicely or you can weird them out. I really wish Laura would give Chicago another go. We are cultured enough to appreciate ms Laura. "Been Here Before" is really something to listen to. It's cool, blusey, intelligence has a long shelf life. Laura is bold without being obvious. I bought two CDs from ms Laura. "Been Here Before" has been kicking my ass. The songs are deep and cool. The coolness comes in how she says things. The depth in what she says, and on and on. I haven't even started on the other CD yet. All this is just gonna build and build this time that I saw her. After this I went to Lucky Number Grill on Milwaukee Ave. Scary Lady Sarah had a Batcave/ Deathrock night. Unrelated, yes. The euphoria of seeing Laura Meyer carried over into it. So I can't entirely separate the events. They re-enforce each other in fact. I danced with wilder abandon. Well, not going crazy, just really enjoying that deathrock with the extra edge of Laura Meyer fresh in my memory.

No comments: