Monday, December 27, 2010

Roma Di Luna Pictures from 11 December




Roma Di Luna. Saturday 11 December at Beat Kitchen. I'm almost done writing about this band here. This is Channy Moon Casselle of Roma Di Luna. Can you believe she's a mom! There is just a spookiness to her voice that just sells you the whole package. Childlike but not girly is how I would begin to describe her voice. I'm sold on everything. The songwriting and all. I think they are from Minnesota. Channy is married to Alexei who is also in the band. They started as a duo and now they have a full band they toured with that night. This band is for fans of Puerto Muerto. I bought two CDs.
Both CDs are indeed awesome for their own individual reasons. That first CD is so bleak in so many different ways. The latest one "Then The Morning Came" is far more light-hearted and hmm, urban sounding. Once they sold me the first time, whatever they do next is usually good with me. I'm having all kind of reactions to it to this day. Each new experience with a song imprints visually the way I saw it this Saturday 11 December 2010. I may not have necessarily have seen a certain song but my mind will have a new excuse to rebuild and tweak the memory. "Many Pretty Women" is one from the first CD. I actually caught it on camera. It's one of them songs that you have to pull the mic from the stand, or your not feeling it, surrendering to it. And this is quite the monster to surrender to. Some bands just cover Dolly Parton's "Jolene". So yeah Roma Di Luna have their own and Chenny indeed convulsed to it on stage. They were touring for "Then The Morning Came". It's the coolest without being sappy. I go on and on about bands for the female singer. Alexei Moon Casselle is Chenny's husband and he's awesome in "Mars", the second song on Morning. Yeah, I'm still feeling this band. Zig

No comments: