Friday, March 6, 2015

Impulsive Hearts

  The wear is not apparent on her as she stands waiting for Impulsive Hearts. You almost feel guilty over strolling in all giddy and bubbly at 9pm. This was for Frontwoman Fest at The Burlington. And by the time Adele is standing right next to the stage and not on it, this means her set is long done...Axons was at 5pm!  There were many good bands that I missed that I tried not to think about.  And she's been here at Burlington since the sun was out. That is a marathon.  I knew there was a lorry full of awesome coming from around the corner when Adele....(AXONS) told me this her favorite song writer I believe. She was referring to Danielle Sines of Impulsive Hearts.  When someone says songwriter I assume the person likes what is heard, not just how its heard. So here Adele tells essentially "......my favorite songwriter, behold"  And right on cue is Ms Danielle. Wow....., it is the best to be standing right under this in a stage as small as Burlington.  The same reasons I liked The Long Blondes were present here. There is this foggy sonic perfume that to me feels nostalgic for 60's music and early punk. Hmm, sweet, messy and still dangerous. And so the brain cells that remembered The Long Blondes were trip-wired here.  I only saw the Blondes once. I recall the singer was so damn pale she glowed in the dark like phosphorus. Like being near a Chernobyl-walking tanning bed. But they had the sweetness of the 60's or what I can identify as such with the aggression and mechanics of punk.  It seems like a random memory photo bombing another. But in mentioning The Long Blondes I hope to put Impulsive Hearts in a welcoming neighbors. Bands at least to me are not remembered in isolation. Ideally I want people to look the bands up even they disagree with me. I got you looking. Anyway so hearing Impulsive Hearts I am  instantly transported to the feeling of surfing on Lake Michigan.  I get that summer feel....and it ain't just the last song.  I'm trying to recall separately the live experience imprint while building one just listening to the downloaded work. To use this metaphor, I'm mixing drugs.  Well, its actually the same drug. One is an edible and its effects and my ability to document slow. I don't recall which tracks I heard live. As soon as I got home, I downloaded....hmm injected. Every song Impulsive Hearts played was a snowflake unique and beautiful and impacting like a cave in of hell yeah. I was just left in a stupor of it. In the middle of moments I would glance at Adele to see what her expression foreshadows. Amelie enjoyed looking at the audience of movies I guess to see their unguarded expressions. I like glancing at this audience because they seemed to know and like who it was before them. I did not. I have seen the name of the band before. I know there were a number of times I could have seen them. Its really a wonder and a blessing to say that a lot of the music I collect is from bands I have seen perform live. For me each band is a codex that has to be preserved for the live culture the music is.
Zig






No comments: