Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SVIIB






Last week I saw School Of Seven Bells.  I was fortunate enough to run into some friends from the goth scene.  It's actually not surprising that they go see this fabulous shoegaze band from Brooklyn, New York.   It's nice when this concert is shared among others like minded, rather than horded by one set of eyes.  It's the second time I see them, but it's only this time that I was able to stay broke by getting the shirt and CD.   Before I couldn't even do that much more than get myself passed the door.  The band members are Alejandra Deheza, Claudia Deheza, and Benjamin Curtis.  Even as I only took pictures of Claudia and Alejandra, it was fun watching Benjamin have at the guitar.  He was just having the most infectious fun.  It just projected.  The girls are as lovely as their music.  They are just beautiful to behold the eyes and ears.  The crowd at Bottom Lounge last Wednesday was heavy enough to restrict some movement, but I managed to reach the same spot as the last time, on the right side near the guitarist.  At times I felt close enough to reach out and touch the guitar...I'm not saying I was wanting to do that.  I was just so close.   It is note worthy to mention the goth friends I ran into are themselves in a band.  Bliss.City.East I have mentioned before in this blog.  As we waited in line to the merch table we talked about when do you stop giving a shit about music.  When does it cease to matter?  When do you stop wanting to go see them live?   When does the want stop.  Profound questions indeed.     Among us one said that perhaps when you have kids.  But that cannot be it for all, since I know the guitarist from Swoon Method.  Gustavo has four children and he plays guitar like a rock star.  I suppose the filling point is within us all.  For me it would have to be when all music ceases to be something that I can identify with.  I can put it into these words yet the possibility seems remote, impossible.   And then the conversation drifted into Pat Sajack.  If I misspelled that, I'm sorry.  I didn't know he went to Columbia College in Chicago.   I can deal with having the weirdest celebrities if the music that comes our way is still the coolest.  
Zig

No comments: