Monday, June 1, 2009

FFM at Darkroom 4 June. Thursday




  I just found out about this today after wandering around Wicker Park.  Ain't that grand?  I saw them the same Friday I saw Pezzettino, 22 May.  Where do I begin with FFM.  It's electro dance music that never sounds formulaic, but new and resonant.  Lindsay the lead singer is sexy and sophisticated in her delivery of the lyrics.   She is in full control over the image she projects to her audience.   Lindsay is beautiful to behold and she knows it.   Perhaps it's just all in my head but there are all these songs that suggests to me that she knows we are watching.  She's still in charge.    I'm not just going on about Ms Lindsay because she is this sexy beautiful woman.  I'm a total fan of the music of FFM.  It's music that effortlessly gets you to dance without any trace of formula.  The lyrics are smart and direct.  This is a band to dance to.  I post these pictures up to remind, gently remind or persuade if I may any who read this to go see them live.  It's the most direct way to support their existence as musicians.
Zig

No comments: