Monday, October 3, 2011

Staring Problem


So most of these are from the show at Ultra Lounge that I did catch. I have one from last Friday but that is after the Pancho show was done.


Officially, I'll have to say I missed the performance, but I did manage to chat them up a bit later. It's nice to have that, and also they released a new EP that one can download for free from their website. I hear it and it reflects well with the previous downloadable CD. Every song reflects well on the band. Every song relates to the whole. I hear Seed and I want to hear Tegnology. You hear one song and you are instantly curious about what else they got. I'm glad I did not discover this in some goth themed compilation CD of bands, 'cause that would be just one song. You don't get the kind of fatigue you feel from listening to three songs at once. It's dark chocolate casual. Not deliberately but casually dark, post-punk.......the kind that print in mostly black shirts, but not seemingly interested in shaping an image. In the same company as other local acts like Walking Bicycles, at a glance they can sound like early Siouxsie....wait, wait!!! Don't roll them eyes like that. "Don't they all" you say. But if that is what gets you to listen and since they are an active band. Go see them. I'm wrong? You liked them anyway. If the name of the queen of goths......something waiting stuck in the period of....I'm always wondering what was ignored when we discovered some artist that first identifies a scene. I guess I feel that urgency for all bands I listen to and encounter. I can see Staring Problem do dark themed festivals like...Projekt, as well as a headlining gig at Empty Bottle. Really broadly speaking there are bands that just wear black because it's easier to wash clothes that way. And you can tell the singer washes that old Depeche Mode shirt in Woolite Dark.

No comments: