Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I:Scintilla at Reggies





These are from the latest performance of I:Scintilla.  This was at Reggies on the Southside of Chicago.  They played first in support of Cruxshadowes and Ayria.  It was a Saturday night.  Normally I work on that night but I did not want to miss this, a fabulous local industrial band performing with two awesome touring bands.  Cruxshadowes as much as I like them, will not draw me by themselves.  I am often influenced by who comes with them in support, yet I'm always glad to see Rogue, his wife, and everyone else perform.  You can just tell how authentic their energy is, how spontaneous it feels.  And they do it all the time, all over the world.  I shall write on them and Ayria later, but for now I just wanted to unload this few shots of Ms Brittany.  I:Scintilla is the kind of goth/industrial band that comes out of that subculture as well as supports it like any fan would.  I've seen Ms Brittany at the local goth/industrial places like Neo and Nocturna.  There are bands that goths like and then there are bands that goths are in.  This one I'd say is of the second variety.  I've seen them perform at least 5 times.   Each time in a different context that will never be repeated.  How many times will I:S perform along a burlesque troupe?  In that event, it seemed to me like the host was unfamiliar with the band when she presented them.  It was a little outside the box and it was more wonderful for it.  In this night at Reggies it was with an audience more familiar with them, and that is good too.  I've so many more pictures to unload, but for now this will do.  I don't want to exhaust all that I have to say.
Kaspar-Zig 

No comments: