Tuesday, May 24, 2011

...and before then Panda Riot





So Panda Riot did another Free Monday Night at Empty Bottle. These guys are no strangers to the Bottle. Yet, it always seems like they have to introduce themselves as if no one knew them already. I see them there all the time and take pictures, it's to gut need to document, archive the regular performances of the local scene. I suppose I need to follow around this familiar soundtrack. It's not enough to carry it conveniently on CD or ipod. It's a comfort thing. When you're broke there's a relief to see there is nothing new you will be compelled to buy. And another part of me wants to support them. The crowd always seems either new or far too familiar to be bothered to move. It was hard to read these dry people. Not as many gathering near the stage, but in the back sitting down. Still I don't think they were being ignored. Parking was hard for a reason. Before playing Rebecca Scott puts blue warpaint on all the band members. They've been doing this ritual before every performance. They have two CD's She Dares All Things....where the fuck is that other one...any way there are two and they are playing new music. Their music ranges from trip-hop to shoegaze. I got both CD's and I'm still discovering new things to like about this "old" music. So here are some pictures from when it was still new.

No comments: