Saturday, May 28, 2011

We Are Hex




Rabble Rabble did this Free Monday at Empty Bottle 23 May. They are this local band with a growing audience. I've seen them before. These guys whip their crowd into a moshing frenzy. They are awesome live, and I'm not just saying that because the drummer is hot...she is, I'm sorry. So I stayed for them. Part of what got me to go was this band We Are Hex. They are from Indianapolis, I believe. I looked them up on line and liked what I saw, but that did not prepare me for seeing them on stage. I listened to a song of theirs half-assed. And each minute I gave to whatever song sunk me deeper...nice, next song.....What time are they playing? That's casual decision-making thats scary, because it could have gone the other way. Two weeks before I did not know We Are Hex. Now I feel like an idiot for not knowing ahead of time. My friend TJ knew them. My long-range radar only had Anna Calvi for Saturday 28 May on the horizon. I had no expectation for the Monday before. I was barely aware of it, and so no expectation for it. Nothing special urging me to get there on time yet I was driving like I needed to not be late. So I'm glad I made it on time because this band was crazy. The lead singer went mental on stage. We Are Hex are loud, dark and crazy. Loud, well they nearly blew my ear-drums out. Dark, each song has it's own monster in the closet. Sometimes these monsters come out and chase you and the Ghost Adventures crew out of that haunted house you wanted to kill time in. Did I say they were loud? But once I plugged my ears, I was good. I wanted to be right in front of the stage bouncing around like Jilly. So I bought two of their CDs Hail The Goer, Gloom Bloom and I have not stopped hearing them since. I'm gonna need some time to better describe the moment of seeing them and hearing them. For now I got some pictures to show about the small wonders I beheld.

No comments: