Friday, May 6, 2011

Fielded




Fielded at Hideout. I saw her once before at Empty Bottle, and she remembered me, yeay! Her myspace page lists her as acapella, ambient, gospel, minimalist. I can see all of that when she plays live. On bandcamp or Facebook the word "goth" is thrown into the description. I knew there was a reason to like this band. It's actually one person. She's an intense performer on stage and sweet and relaxed off. Ms Lindsey is not really tall and so it's hard to see her behind this wall of keyboards and electronic equipment she has. Babe for a minimalist you sure don't travel light. And yet I can see how minimalist fits into her description. Fielded does not lean too heavily on the electronics. She breathes this organic life into it. Her voice is a major instrument in her arsenal, her songs are so dramatic. For the moment it's in the delivery of what she says, the how that provokes in the listener. So it's kinda nice to see Lindsey get to the front of the stage. The intensity switches on and her eyes just burn through you. You can see the sweat off her forehead. Every word has delivery to it. Her hand often sticks straight out like a preacher with a Bible in the other hand. I'm glad we have her happily wallowing in the sin infested secular world. The performance seems like a ritual for herself, like she just sinks into a trance or a state, far from us, and right in front of us. The night would have been more perfect if I made it on time for Verma who I believe played that night but Fielded did not bore. I wish there were physical CDs to buy. I'm still ass backwards that way. Damn, I've been sitting on this damn post for too long.

No comments: