Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ami Saraiya at Hungry Brain...again!



Ami And The Outcome is playing Hungry Brain this Monday 22 August! I've been listening to Ami for perhaps 3 years or more. Her music plays all the time in my head, like furniture in the interior castle. I just have two CDs and an EP from her but I know her trail is far longer than I have documented. I've missed some of her shows recently and I feel bad for that. She played Whistler and I believe Schubas. I had to miss them. But her and the band gig heavily and I trusted on another performance that I could go to. And now here it is on my radar. It's always great when some of these shows are on weekdays. Monday is off-off Broadway as you are going to get. I believe the last time I saw Ami was at Hungry Brain. It was a Tuesday and she played after some stand-up comics did their thing. It was fascinating to see these people get up on stage and just talk, and make funny or just weird observations to their friends. They had the place to themselves and in the end Ami sang, not with her accordion but with a guitar. I just hope I can coordinate this show with what's going on in Empty Bottle.
Kaspar-Zig

No comments: