Friday, August 5, 2011

Slowdance at Empty Bottle

This is Quay-Quin Settel. That can be on a shirt, just her name can be the name of a band, or perhaps is how I say it in my head. Anyway so she is the lead singer of Slowdance. This was when they played Empty Bottle, last Monday 1st August. They were the headliners. And this was their first real tour. They are from Brooklyn. I sometimes can't believe my luck. I wasn't even rushing to see this, I was just killing me some stray Monday night time, and that included my initial half-assed research on them.
I'm still writing my impressions of the show down with more pictures later. When you know that this is their first time touring, you look at them differently. They are more you than that professional band they are becoming. Touring means real commitment, and the first tour is that one plunge into that commitment. I wanted the momentum of this experience to encourage them to come back again.
The modest audience that was there were indeed impressed. I didn't ask around, but that was the vibe of the room. I didn't spend too much precious seconds figuring out the crowd, I was just that zoned out on watching Slowdance....alright just Quay, but that is allowed. I mean she was singing.
They are just about to release their EP, but meanwhile there are two songs that are free to download. Once you hear them you will want to see them the next time they tour.

No comments: