Thursday, November 6, 2014

Be Forest



 
  Be Forest is from Italy, a town named Pesaro. Due to the amount of bands coming from there, I read about there being a Pesaro-scene. Be Forest is what got me to even look that far. All the way from Italy, this band drops a grenade of coolness.  These are details about specific places make me want to go there. It would be something to see them during a normal home gig, no pressure, well after the glare of an international tour. That is when to see them. If I had stupid Elvis money. That is what I'd do. Go see Esben and The Witch in their hometown of Brighton on a casual night for something they can only do local. Or go see Be Forest play to a local crowd.  Yeah, that's what I'd do with stupid Elvis money....I'd go to them.....see these mother fuckers..... I got lost, and now I'm back, really.
  I hear the bass running and I see a parkour runner just as fast and graceful down urban landscapes. For me the bass is the support structure, its what permits you to do shit. Sometimes its so way out in front, I gotta use my muscle-car metaphor. The gut instinct to mimic like your playing the guitar hits often with Costanza's bass playing. The night-time beats have a daylight urgency. Lost Boys is so forward driving, and over this beast is a chill angelic voice. And that opening line just stops you cold. It's sage advice riding a previously untamed beast.  For fuck's sake she's playing the bass herself.  I don't know if this is what made me dance, gaze in a stupor. Its kind of irrelevant which track hit live. My magical realism, German expressionist film recording mind will recall it a certain way. What is great and is indicative about all of it....how they grab, and keeps you with the time lapse tools. Ghost Dance is a thinker's house-music. And now I'm stuck trying to find another set of words of praise for Airwaves. Nothing is telegraphed. You don't feel taxed from three in a row....at least I don't. It will not be like you heard a long variation of the same song. Goths are always finding that balance of something that can stop you and make you think and something to dance to during a shogaze themed night.  Remember  Asobi Seksu? Think of them as Laura Palmer and she had a cousin named Maddy. This to me is Be Forest. .....No? Well they are bringing the show back...Twin Peaks! No one remembers Twin Peaks? My angle with all that is not to say "they sound alike" and that's it.  But to not hold back something awesome and brilliant that you may like. I wanna go and jog to this.  There is also this element of deep thought and contemplation, a kind of slowing down even as whatever rages behind you. So you are not just slowing down in the fog. And this is what I like I'm still basking and stretching the moment of seeing Costanza Delle Rose singing and playing bass. The pictures are few in part because I took in the time to just jam out to whatever song they played. I do recall openly dancing to their music. I could not tell you which specific tracks I danced to. I was just happy I had enough to figure it out later.      Earthbeat is their second CD, and is what I came home with. Their Debut in 2011 being Cold. Researching for this post has led me to listen to that as well. I don't know if the timing of bringing them so late in the fall, November is deliberate. Their music goes great with autumn. It just feels right for me....anyway. What they had available at the merch table was Earthbeat. This Empty Bottle show is part of their first ever US tour.  Perhaps I got this wrong I think its their first time in the States. They had such really cool shirts that I could not afford to get. So, certainly I'd want this comet from afar to come back. I caught like the last three songs. I basked in whatever time I had in there, without complaint. I was efficient in dividing the moments. I took, and was mindful of the time just jamming, dancing, and documenting,. The documenting is what keeps the moments from being so damn fleeting.
Zig







No comments: