Friday, November 14, 2014

Lightfoils...second to last show.

  This show was at The Owl. The very last show with the current singer Jane was at The Burlington and I missed it. I added here pics from where I saw them somewhere else. Kon from Moritat told me once that I can write a whole fucking blog on the stuff I went to but missed and that is the bloody truth, and Lightfoils at Burlington is the latest entry. I mean I heard she cried. It was really special and I was late for it.....no, not because of the bloody tears. Fucking hell. The last gig with Jane. And it just reinforced the belief in how delicate it is to hold a band together.  But I made it to all of The Owl show and so....there are far worse things to bitch about, but it is a quirk the bands know me for. I nearly did not have the means to go at all, when I did it was last minute. I believe this show was already after their tour, east coast I believe. I don't know how that went but I'm glad they take the risk to put their music out there. I think I did ask Cory the bass player how that went. I don't recall what exactly he told me, but I feel at ease asking him. The same goes with the rest of the band and it takes a long time for me to feel like I'm not imposing on them like a fly in the soup. I believe he is still enthusiastic about the band's future. I got the feeling there will be something grand from them around the corner. I remember Cory showing me a track of him singing. I did not know that he sang. And you know what? That's often how I get sold on a band. These are friends that I wish success for them, oh yeah. I already have pictures of them. Jane is no longer the voice of the band but they are not done.  The point being, the band will continue and I'm happy about that.  So to feel at ease around them is a big deal for me. I believe I have stated that before, well....its a constant. Anyway, touring, hell just existing as a band is holding a fucking rose scented candle in the wind and daring it to blow it out, well......maybe not daring the wind.....sorry. Reading about George Galloway and sounding off like him...or at least just to me.  Not that you want it to go out but the light of it, the scent...to continue the metaphor. Each delicate light is singular for me and it exists in a sometimes indifferent world, and so I do support it, because it is my identity....alright, on and on like that as I always do. The point is to look up and support these bands, Lightfoils in this case.












No comments: