Saturday, April 14, 2012

architecture







Along with Some Community I saw that Chicago shoegaze workhorse architecture at Empty Bottle. Rebecca Scott's other band besides Panda Riot. It's usually very hard to read the crowds this band plays for. They play a lot right? I should start to recognize some fellow fans right? Not really. Some home crowds felt...half won over. It's bizarre because they play often enough to build a fan base from one performance to another. Yet it seems to me that each crowd is new, or too chill and casual to read. I remember as a kid we used to launch so many fucking space shuttles people stopped giving a shit. Well, perhaps I go on about the state of the audience too much. To me they deserve the same success as and are similar to War Paint, Asobi Seksu, School Of Seven Bells, so excuse me we got space shuttles here! Fucking hell that was some crazy groupie endorsement. So, these urban faeries performed new songs....under the name architecture, the crowd seemed supportive like they waited for them. There is also new work from Panda Riot. I guess my point being that these bands are breathing, living, active. I don't tire of the songs I downloaded from them already. Shoegaze music is naturally mysterious lets just say, it's what we like it for. Rebecca's crystal clear voice is the perfect shoegaze tour-guide with it's signature casual giddiness. They have their music available on vinyl. I believe they have shirts...in girl sizes. This band is small enough now for support to be the most meaningful to them and also the fan, right?

No comments: