Monday, April 9, 2012

Bone And Bell





The id lets say for a moment is the eternal high school campus inside your mind. Just follow me for a moment. Vulnerability, melancholy, sweetness lets say are the science nerds, goths on campus. They are perpetually in the wrong fucking school. The id can't help this. There will always be nerds that you not want but will have and even need. Always they are misunderstood teased, even bullied. They are not immediately sexy right? Some people make something out of these nerds, make something great. The sexiness starts to show. What do I mean when I say the id is high school and melancholy, vulnerability etc are in the Dr Who Club? Some people can make really wonderful music where these sentiments seem expressed. Bone And Bell has already been compared to Sharon Von Etten, Neko Case. Among the artists I've seen, Pezzettino, Uni And Her Ukulele may have well been girl scouts together with Heather of B&B. They know how best to articulate powerfully from a similar engine. They go dark with Katie Jane Garside street cred. Wait, I don't mean that Heather spazzes out like her. Just the same bluesy edge as some slower Queen Adreena songs, like Pretty Polly. What do you mean who's that? You know what, fuck it. I'll just revert to comparing everything to PJ Harvey. Alright, so out of nowhere B&B has this lean muscle to flex. It's just the side you know is there and want to see. Until the CD release later on at Schubas this can only be seen live....and on Youtube. Sunday 8 April, Bone And Bell is who I go see at Whistler after an entertaining family gathering near Joliet. I have to say that Heather can hold a crowds attention and Whistler was no different that night. As of late I've noticed it get louder like it doesn't give a shit sometimes but not so much this time. Heather and full band held their own. I can speculate a large crowd for her later on at Schubas.

No comments: