Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sentinels




So Liz of Sentinels played drums for years before finally fronting a band. Sentinels is her first band to front. A correction pointed out to me, I had to make and a good excuse to post more pictures of her. It's a nice thing to have this thing read and so I am happy to note this correction. So the more I listen the more similar music I can find her in my head. I know what room to fit this in. It needs to age with the older furniture. For me the drift from PJ leads to Shirley Manson....Angelfish, Garbage, at least in broad shades of darkness. Having said that, Ms Shirley does gateway easily into the goth, and not so much with Sentinels. So when we say dark in describing Sentinels that is where they are on that continuum. Well at least to me. They got the energy and and say attitude of Garbage and on a boundary to that darkness. In terms of bands I saw live, they are like Forget Cassettes, only less angry. It's early. My impression of them continues to evolve.

No comments: