Friday, April 6, 2012

Some Community





Some Community is from I think Sao Paolo Brazil. They played Empty Bottle on the same night that architecture headlined. It was actually on their recommendation that I listened to SC. I must confess the name alone would not get my attention. The name just does not stick. It was a long matter liking this band, and it has nothing to do with the name. I can forget the name tomorrow, but the band they are something else, hiding under a plain sounding name. Lets see. It was on architecture's word ....that means I had to like them first right? Then I hear the first song Tereza and wow! I'm going to see Some Fucking Community!! I think Chicago was the last leg on their tour from the east. Damn are they far from home. I go on a lot about local music and all that but I also like it when they come here from far their normal orbit, because they bring their unique collection of culture themselves. They represent their town in subtle and obvious ways. They can represent what is local, normal and abundant or unique even in their native lands. Some Community brought all that here last Thursday 5 April. Cultures are not created in exclusive isolation. It's not just about what Chicago has internally but also what it attracts from abroad. Normally I'll just arrive on time for the main act if that is who I intend to see. Not this time I was proactive! I was on time for SC! I loved their show and hope they want to make it back. I think the Empty Bottle gave them a warm enough welcome. I'll write more about them later. For now I post this to note the fact that they played and were seen. Thanks to architecture for introducing me to these guys.
Zig

No comments: