Wednesday, July 27, 2016

AXONS

  Axons is Adele Nicholas. I'm seeing the band evolve. She told me ahead of time such changes would come. It was an interesting time when I found her. Axons was very electronic sounding. It was something that to me was fully integrated into the bands permanent identity. It was part of the impression with the delicate fairy tale Gandolinium . The lonely, almost child-like haunted voice left its mark. Its sweet and haunting like  its from the soundtrack to Amytiville Horror. Stripped down to bare electronic bones and her voice. Bastards is stripped down but its to leave more space for whats left in it. The guitar is raw and angry and clear, as well her voice. Less is heard more intensely, more aggressively. And so hits you close Trust Me I Know. It hits you unguarded, as does Wrists Hands Fingers. These are chilling songs  when you know that some of these tracks from Unmanageable are inspired in part by her struggle with chronic unpredictable illness.  Adele has fucking balls and she kicks around and busts balls as a Civil Rights lawyer during the day all fucking day. At night she wears these gothic looking black boots that feel completed with matching bull whip. The "I just finished kicking ass" boots, like wonder woman at Nocturna.
  Unmanageable kinda slips some no-bullshit seriousness. In an interview she has described Unmanageable as thoughtful dance. And it is. If you are thoughtful, the weight of her words have impact. Its years away but I can see the actors in the future falling over each other in the audition trying for her part in the movie. The screenwriters are wanting a girl with a really thick Chicago accent.....does not matter if Adele has no such accent. Matt Damon is gonna direct. Damn....this no-filter thought-processing instrument sometimes goes off in all directions.
  She is taking the band away from electronic and refocus its rock element. I saw some of this at this last Frontwoman Fest. Its great to be witnessing the change. Its great to know this longer continuum. I like what she plays now and will aways like what she played before. And I know she talked at Therapy Sessions at Hungry Brain. I missed her segment entirely but I got to talk with her and her husband later. Its a cool privilege to have them as friends. I get nervous and I rant, often about things I've said to them before. I'm on the spot so I gotta dance the tunes I know. Meaning I feel like I end up saying shit I've told them before. I know we got to talk about Beat Drun Juel and how awesome and powerful is the Jedi Donna. On the spot I rant not to focus attention on me. So anyway, Axons are Cool for so many reasons.
Zig.





No comments: