Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Staring Problem

   Staring Problem played twice in one week. The first show I arrived well in advance. It was a Monday at Township. At the time I had lost my camera. So the pictures I compile here are of other notable shows. I've never seen the lead singer wear this shirt again. Its iconic for me. The Depeche Mode night. But I caught all of their Monday night gig, notably for me because they covered beautifully Cocteau Twins for one song. Their second time it was for a show that included HIDE and Ritual Howl. Their new work is brilliant. I'm looking back and I notice that I wrote before about their newest work Long Winter. Hmm, I kinda noticed I went through each.....already mentioned New Model Army. Well the point is that I saw them. They are actively playing from Long Winter. Its still current. I'm glad they are a Chicago band. They are originally from Carbondale Il. The Friday night included Hide, Ritual Howl, and YOU. In both shows I saw a lot of fellow goths among the fans. Hell Staring Problem stayed for YOU. Its here noted for something that I saw the summer of 2016. I have both band shirts. They are beautiful. They are black. One has a picture of a cat. Anyway I feel the weight of years in listening to Staring Problem. Since around 2010, so yeah, I'm glad to see them performing and refining their intangible signatures. What happens around imprints on the music you listen to at that time.


And a lot has changed between now and 2010. A lot of improbable absurdities are kinda occurring, and have occurred since knowing of this band. Zig




No comments: