Tuesday, July 26, 2016

impulsive hearts

  This was at Cole's on Milwaukee. Adele from Axons got me into Impulsive Hearts. I automatically recall who got me into what. Every time I hear this I feel like they almost put me on this surf board with a green screen making it look like I can fucking surf.  Its just a certain set of images that superimpose when hearing Impulsive Hearts, the beach, the ocean, and surfing, and perhaps that's more on me. This feels perfect for Muscle car driving in the summer. Her songs have this urgency to them. And there's a vintage thing about them. I'm reminded of my own image of what 60's rock sounded like. Like its music from a modern period that is still remote from your personal experience. So that is in part what passes through me as I hear Impulsive Hearts, before even touches what she says in it. And reading Danielle Sines interview with the Chicago Tribune gets me to listen to what I do have of this band with new ears. And there is new work to expect from Impulsive Hearts.

Lyrics Danielle describes as darker. And that is apparent to me even before the lyrics. Its a dark driving engine that I like how she controls. The sweetness is perfect and does not get overwhelmed by the heavy driving guitar, messy and grungy at times. I've missed some good shows of hers, and it frustrates like a mother fucker. Her new music crystallizes and sharpens the signatures that capture attention. And I want to continue to see it evolve in live performance.  

 They got a show Saturday 6 August at Chop Shop. Its gonna hurt if I miss it. And its with so many awesome bands on top of them. Zig



No comments: