Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Spaces Of Disappearance

  The more I see Spaces Of Disappearance, the more I like them. Elaine's music has grown on me faster than I anticipated. Even before Dick Cheney In the Light they were on my radar. Elaine is usually a solo act under the band name. I have seen her perform with a full band. She is way cool, Its like "do you know Elaine from Spaces?". Yes I do, and she's awesome. I got to know Spaces by way of Axons. Elaine and Adele are friends. I've seen them perform in the same stage. A lot of cool nights are recalled that way because of them. I have seen Spaces recently at Frontwoman Fest held at Burlington on Fullerton, and at The Whistler on Milwaukee Ave. These are the two most recent. There was a good audience for her at Whistler.....both places actually. The reason why I like noting Whistler is because it was just for her that night. The crowd was specifically for her. Frontwoman Fest was a marathon. I recall a good audience for her then as well. I feel fortunate for the shows that I have caught with her. It becomes a personal thing for me to see them well received. I missed Impulsive Hearts and Beat Drun Juel because they were early. She really has been blowing me away with the textures of dance-floor worthy sounds she combines. The Dick Cheney song reminded me of Golden Filter, timeless disco. And it just built from there. I know its in these last two shows that she has played her new work, and its impressive. I want to hear it more. I am so into how she puts beats together and how clear it all sounds, as if all the elements had enough space in between.  So you can hear her voice and actually listen to what she says. I went to youtube and just saw her songs posted there! What an awesome treasure to find! And I can put names to these impacting tracks, Unsaid, Ode to Joy, Drone, Strangers On a Train.. Zig.




No comments: